Welcome to Kingfisher - Year 3/4 class
This is our new page where we hope to share with you all the exciting things we get up to in class! Working together is important in Kingfisher class. We are learning to create an environment that allows each of us to be safe, happy and able do our best! It is important that we think about our school values of excellence, friendship and respect to help us with this.
Our class teaching team includes Mrs Sandford, Mrs Clacy and Mrs Woodman who are always around to help us when we need them. They work with us to try and develop our skills of resilience, reflectiveness, resourcefulness and reciprocity. These will be helpful to us during our school life and beyond!
We have been settling in well to our new class and have embraced the new routines quickly. We are very proud of our positive learning attitude and excited for the year ahead and all that we will achieve as a team!
A few reminders:
- Encourage home learning by getting your child to log on to Doodle Maths, Doodle Tables, Doodle English and Doodle Spell, as much as possible. Progress will be checked every Friday so all children should aim to be on target (in the green). Occasionally, extra homework tasks will be set on a Friday, this should be completed before Monday so children can use doodle in their ICT lesson.
- Sometimes, extra homework tasks for topics will be set on a Friday, this may be in the form of a hard copy sent home with your child or e:mail, this should be handed in by the following Friday, unless otherwise stated.
- Read, read, read! Hear your child read as much as possible! They can do this independently or with you. Please encourage them to read every day and write a comment in their reading record book about what they have read. They receive house points for reading so remember to sign.
To assess the understanding of a book they will complete Accelerated Reader quizzes and a book review and reading record books are stamped accordingly.
- At the start of every term a spellings homework sheet will be stuck into your child’s reading record book. Please remind them to use their ‘Look, Cover, Write, Check’ at home to practice their spellings everyday ready for our assessment on Friday.
- Help your child to learn their times tables ready for our assessment on Friday. Practise by repeating them over and over again, look for patterns and get them to use the times tables they know to help with those they don't. Every Friday, your child will write the NEW times tables they need to learn in their reading record book.
- PE days this year are Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, children will wear their kit home. Please ensure they have their PE kit in school every day.
To promote a happy learning environment, encourage them to challenge themselves in all learning tasks. As well as getting house points for learning and behaviour, they are also rewarded by collecting marbles in a jar. Once the jar is full a class reward is agreed by all.
Thank you for your continued support!
The Year 3/4 Team