Our School's Mission
Our school's mission is to serve the communities of Longparish and Hurstbourne Priors, providing our pupils with a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum set within the principles of a Christian education.
We recognise each child as an individual and encouraged to develop his or her varying talents, interests and potential.
The Governors and Staff aim to:
- Provide a safe, happy, secure, stimulating and purposeful environment.
- Develop a love of learning, the ability to ask and answer questions and the skills necessary to satisfy the children’s desire for knowledge as they strive for excellence in all pursuits.
- Help pupils develop their own values and beliefs and yet respect the religious and moral values of others, whilst providing them with an education based on Christian principles.
- Develop a strong sense of right and wrong and to encourage children to work co-operatively, showing respect for each other and for property.
- Provide a wide range of opportunities for all pupils and staff, in order to develop individual capabilities, talents and interests to the full.
- Encourage a caring and tolerant attitude to others, a readiness to celebrate the achievements of each individual and an understanding of the responsibility to contribute positively to the school community.
- Involve the wider community in the life of the school: parents, governors, Friends of Longparish School, the Churches, neighbouring schools and local people.
- Maintain a policy of openness about school life and to respond positively to helpful and constructive feedback.
Please also see the Diocesan and Church of England Vision for Education 2018 in the 'Church and Community' Section of the website.