Communication with Parents
We maintain a warm and welcoming environment and encourage informal contact with parents at the beginning and end of the day. Any request by a parent for private consultation with a class teacher or senior leader, should be made via the office and will be facilitated at the earliest convenient time.
There are also several times in a year when parents are invited in to talk to the teachers and see their child's work.
- Parents are invited to their child's class Collective Worship each year.
- Parents have the opportunity to 'Meet the Teacher' at our September open evening, giving parents a chance to meet their child's class teacher and find out more about the year ahead and to discuss their child's academic and social development and progress.
- Parents are invited to a consultation about progress in November, February and July.
- Parents have a written Annual Report just before the summer holidays.
Our other ways of communicating with parents include:
- The school website.
- A Texting service.
- A fortnightly information update/newsletter.
- A year group curriculum newsletter each half-term.
- Individual letters to parents when class visits are arranged.
- Direct telephone calls.
- E-mail communication from the school. Email communication to the school: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home visits as part of the induction process for early years pupils.
- Curriculum based meetings and information leaflets provided to support your child at home.
- School Governors update.
- PTA /FoLS updates.
We can provide a paper copy of any of the information on our website. Please request from the school office.