Welcome to Robin Class page
Page currently being updated
Fun facts about the Robin bird:
- Robin eggs are light blue.
- Robins build their round nests in trees.
- Robins eat worms.
- Robins are song-birds, they have a distinctive and beautiful sounding song.
Here, you will find a variety of information that will help you organise everything to have a really successful year.
Class Teacher: Miss Newnham
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Woodman
A few reminders:
Our PE days are Monday and Friday.
Please don't forget to wear your kit into school. As long as the weather permits, we will be outside so please remember to wrap up warm on the chillier days!
We try to get out as much as possible, in all weathers! It is really important that children come to school with a warm raincoat on those damper days. We ask that a waterproof coat and wellies be left in school, to ensure that we are always able to access our Outdoor Classroom!
What to do at home to support your child:
In the Early Years, we expect each child to read daily, with an adult writing in their reading record. Each child will have a phonics reader, interest reader and a library book. In addition to this, children have access to an online library of e-books either on ELS or Bug Club.
Children also have access to 'NumBots', our Maths home learning platform. NumBots equips each pupil with the set of core maths skills they require by building their knowledge from the ground up - starting at the very beginning with subitising. NumBots can either be played on the web https://numbots.com/, or can be downloaded as an app. Please aim to play roughly 15 minutes of NumBots a week - I have set this as a goal!
Please practise phonics at home! Each child has a keyring with our ‘Sounds of the Week’ on, please use these to practise. A note regarding phonics - please ensure that when practising sounds at home you use 'pure sounds' - here is a video explaining this. Each child also has a tin with ‘Harder to Read and Spell Words’ in. Please practise recognition of these words at home!
Some school documents to support you :
- Our school online learning websites:
- These links take you to a number of websites that will offer you an opportunity to practice and rehearse your learning in order to become a more confident and fluent learner - be it a more fluent reader or a more fluent mathematician who can rapidly recall all his 12x12 times tables.
- Recommended books lists/websites to help parents find the right book for their child to read: